Once the worst of the COVID-19 pandemic is past, disinfecting our home will still be important to stay healthy. Although the U.S Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recently recognized Magic Clean as a disinfectant that can be used to protect yourself from the coronavirus, Magic Clean can be used in so many other ways around the home.
Magic Clean is a multi-surface disinfectant that kills bacteria, inactivates viruses, and controls mold and mildew growth. It can be used on virtually any surface in your home. It’s also National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) registered to sanitize in and around food processing areas, with no rinse required.
This sounds great, right? But where do you begin? We’ve broken down our favorite ways you can use Magic Clean to keep your home sparkling clean.*
To Disinfect and Clean Hard Surfaces
Apply Magic Clean to a hard, non-porous surface with the spray nozzle, sponge, mop or by immersing the object. Let the solution sit on the surface for 5 minutes for virus inactivation, or 10 minutes for bacteria disinfection.
- Types of surfaces: Glass, plastic, painted wood, laminate, chrome, stainless steel, polyurethane coated hardwood floors, glazed ceramic tile, sealed concrete, & linoleum floors
- Examples of items: Appliance exteriors, bed frames, dog cage, cabinet handles, wheelchairs, child car seats, countertops, cribs, doorknobs, tables, tubs, exterior toilet surfaces, faucet handles, handrails, jungle gyms, computer keyboards, light switch covers, patio furniture, showers, sinks, stovetops, telephones, toys, wall & waste containers
To Prevent Mold & Mildew
To begin, you’ll want to thoroughly clean the intended surface to remove as much dirt, mold or mildew as possible. Then spray Magic Clean until the surface is visibly wet. Keep the solution on the surface until it air dries.
- Examples of items: Floors, walls, ceilings & fabric
To DeodorizeBecause Magic Clean works for oxidation, the solution will completely eliminate odors instead of just masking the smells. Simply spray, fog or wipe on magic Clean and let air dry to provide long lasting residual deodorizing action.
- Types of odors: Fire smoke, tobacco smoke, pet odors, musty odors & cooking odors
To Remove Allergens
To remove indoor allergens, spray Magic Clean onto the intended surface. After one minute, wipe away any excess solution and let air dry.
To Sanitize CarpetFirst, you’ll want to test for color fastness in an unnoticeable area of your home - perhaps in the corner of a room or behind a chair. Make sure your carpet is relatively clean to start with.
Mix 1 part of Magic Clean to 5 parts water and apply to the carpet. Let the solution sit for 10 minutes, then remove with an extraction wand to remove excess moisture. Allow the carpet to air dry, or use a fan for quicker results.
- Types of carpets: Nylon, olefin & polypropylene**
To Sanitize Soft Surfaces
Spray Magic Clean on the soft surface until the fabric is wet, but not saturated. Let stand for 5 minutes, and then allow to air dry. ***
- Types of surfaces: Fabrics, upholstery, bedding & curtains
This is just a few of the ways Magic Clean can be used to sanitize, disinfect and clean your home. Our favorite part is that you’ll no longer need a shelf full of disinfectants and cleaners, as Magic Clean can replace so many of them.
Shop Magic Clean
*When used as directed on the product label.
**Not intended for use on wool carpets.
*** Spray 6”-8” from surface until fabric is wet. If the fabric is heavy or odor persists, repeat application one more time.